CO1-WarningCarbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless, tasteless and highly toxic gas that is produced when fuels such as wood, gasoline, charcoal and oil are burned with insufficient air. The majority of residential and commercial fatalities caused from these fuels come from heating systems, engine powered tools and charcoal grills. Carbon monoxide is harmful when inhaled because it displaces oxygen in the blood and deprives the heart, brain and other vital organs of oxygen. Large amounts of CO can overcome a person in minutes without warning—causing them to lose consciousness and suffocate.

One of the most important steps you can take to eliminate the possibility of CO poisoning is to install carbon monoxide detectors. Monitored CO detectors will immediately sense the CO in your home and notify our monitoring station, who will then take the appropriate actions to provide you with help.